Water-saving tips.

When washing dishes by hand, don’t let the water run. Fill one basin with wash water and the other with rinse water. Dishwashers typically use...

Letter to the Editor

No reason to honor Vons appeal I have the honor of being a part of a longtime islander family, Fred and Lousie Paulson.   Fred served...

Guest Column: Take care of yourself after having a traumatic experience

Dozens of local residents experienced traumatic situations related to the deadly storm that hit Avalon last week. Whether the experience was related to witnessing a...

KISL’s Meet the Voice

Ben Vaughn only listens to one genre of music: good.  He takes that eclectic taste and shares it on the Many Moods of Ben...

KISL’s Meet the Voice

It is with a sad heart that KISL presents this week’s Meet the Voice article forever incomplete.  Friend and disc jockey Steve Shawver passed...

KISL’s Meet the Voice: John Avery

As rare as the songs he plays, John Avery fills the airwaves every Thursday night from 8 to 10 p.m. with the music that...

KISL’s Meet the Voice

We had intended to profile the Radio Free Catalina Show, but the ring leader Steve Shawer has been in the hospital undergoing chemotherapy and...

Cops and kids to face off for a fun afternoon on...

The Avalon Sheriff’s Station has a fun outing with students from Avalon High School planned for today, Friday, July 20. They are going to...

My Boat is so Small, and the Storm is so Great

Ever since sailing a few times with my roommate in college, I had wanted to get back into it and really learn. In those...

Dr. Ulibarri draws the line, dancing

Catalina Island Medical Clinic, Dr. Laura Ulibarri, gave free line dancing lessons on Monday night, June 11th. Fifteen locals joined in the fun and...