Avalon golf getting solid wins on links

The Avalon High School Varsity Golf team traveled to Long Beach to play an 18-hole match vs Capistrano Valley Christian at Recreation...

Islanders build home in Mexico

More good work is happening in Ensenada, thanks to the people of Avalon. Members and friends of Avalon Community Church (ACC) and...

City may revise wharfage fees

Recent changes to wharfage fees have hit local boaters hard and the City Council will be looking to revise them.

Lancer boys make it to quarters

The Avalon Boys Varsity Basketball season came to an abrupt end at home after qualifying for the quarterfinals of the 2019 CIF-SS...

Letters to the Editor: Friday, March 1, 2019

Storm revealed unity of islanders I am a new member of the CIYC and my husband and I...

Sheriff’s Log: Feb. 20 to Feb. 26

Editor’s note: The following is the Avalon Sheriff’s Station significant incidents report for the week of Feb. 20 to Feb. 26, 2019....

38th Annual Avalon Harbor cleanup set for Saturday

Saturday, Feb. 23 will mark the 38th Annual Avalon Harbor cleanup on Catalina Island....

Catalina to exit mandatory water conservation

The latest rainstorms to soak Southern California wreaked havoc on some parts of the...

Council OKs emergency declaration following storms

The Avalon City Council this week unanimously approved a local State of Emergency Proclamation for the so-called...

Sheriff’s Log: Feb. 13 to Feb. 19, 2019

Editor’s note: The following is the Avalon Sheriff’s Station significant incidents report for the week of Feb. 13 to Feb. 19, 2019....