Editor’s note: The following is the Avalon’s Sheriff’s Stations significant incidents report for the period of Jan. 12, 2023 to Jan. 18, 2023. All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Many people who are arrested do not get prosecuted in the first place and many who are prosecuted do not get convicted.
• Deputies responded to Cabrillo Drive regarding a neighbor disturbance. The informant stated loud noise was being made by construction workers. The deputies contacted the hardworking men and advised them of the noise ordinance. They were apologetic and said they would stop working after hours.
•Deputies conducted a traffic stop on Pebbly Beach Road. They issued the driver a citation for tinted and defective windows.
• Deputies observed a vehicle on Descanso Avenue without the city sticker. They issued the vehicle a citation.
• Deputies observed a vehicle driving on Clarissa Ave and Crescent Avenue. They issued the driver a citation for driving on a limited access road.
• Deputies assisted public works and the fire departments with traffic control as they dealt with a rock slide.
• Deputies on patrol saw a vehicle on Descanso Avenue without city tags. They issued the vehicle a citation.
• Deputies on patrol saw a vehicle on Catalina Avenue without city tags. They issued the vehicle a citation.
• Deputies responded to Cabrillo Avenue regarding a family disturbance call. The caller stated a couple could be heard arguing. The deputies contacted the coupled, offered them calming words of reconciliation and determined no crime had been committed.
• Deputies responded to Sol Vista regarding a possible family disturbance. The deputies contacted the informant and determined there was no crime committed.
• Avalon Station Captain King, Sergeant Kline and Deputy Montoya were trained in Social Media platforms. The station now has an active Twitter account @AvalonLASD.