The following is the Avalon Sheriff’s Station significant incidents report for the week of July 15 to July 21, 2020.
All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Many people who are arrested do not get prosecuted in the first place and many who are prosecuted do not get convicted.
• Deputies received a call of a missing 60 year old male in the 400 block of Camino Del Monte Avenue.
Deputies searched for the missing person and located him. They were able to return him home safely.
• Deputies handled an identity theft investigation on Canyon Terrace Road after a victim tried to file her taxes, but learned someone had already filed them without her knowledge.
The investigation is ongoing.
• Deputies responded to 1 Cabrillo Mole regarding passengers on the Catalina Express removing their face coverings once they got onto the boat.
Since the passengers would not keep their face coverings on, they were asked to leave the boat.
They were allowed to catch another boat once they agreed to keep their face coverings on.
• Deputies arrested Paula Beau and Henry Morris from Fullerton on suspicion of stealing items from a business in the 500 block of Crescent Avenue.
Deputies were able to locate them as they walked toward the Catalina Express with the female wearing the stolen shirt.
The stolen items were recovered and returned to the store.
• Deputies responded to the Catalina Express boat regarding a small group of people not wearing face coverings, they were intoxicated, and causing a disturbance.
When deputies arrived, they saw Muyo Ojoki from Pittsburg yelling at passengers.
Deputies placed him under arrest on suspicion of being drunk in public.
• Deputies responded to the 200 block of Beacon Street regarding a loud argument.
When deputies arrived, they learned a domestic violence incident had occurred. Donald Hart from Canoga Park was arrested for suspicion of assault.
He was also charged with an outstanding one million dollar warrant for attempted murder.
• Deputies responded to the 100 block of Marilla Avenue regarding a domestic violence call.
Deputies arrested Kevin Lewis from Long Beach on suspicion of assault, possession of methamphetamine, and possession of Ecstasy pills.
• Deputies responded to 1 Cabrillo Mole regarding a domestic violence incident.
• Deputies arrested Shaki Watts from Rialto on suspicion of assault.
• Deputies responded to a call at Pebbly Beach Road and Clarissa Avenue of a man yelling sexual suggestive comments at women passing by.
When the deputies arrived, they heard the male yelling at a female. Deputies arrested Robert Berry from Santa Monica for allegations of being drunk in public.
• Deputies and paramedics responded to the 300 block of Marilla Avenue regarding a 95 year old man who was not breathing.
First responders determined the man passed away from natural causes.
• Deputies responded to Catalina Avenue and Third Street regarding a drunk driver. Deputies arrived and saw the driver get out of a vehicle, attempting to fight with another man. Deputies ended up arresting Aneel Malik from Gardena for suspicion of drunk driving and possession of narcotics.
• Deputies responded to Hill Street regarding a vandalism call. The victim reported that sometime over the last six months, someone deflated the air in the tires of her vehicle; damaging a valve stem on one of the tires.
Deputies have received complaints of people littering on Wrigley Terrance Road. Please take your trash with you and do not throw it over the side of the hill. Deputies will be conducting extra patrol checks in the area.