Editor’s note: The following is the Avalon Sheriff’s Station significant incidents report for the week of March 7 to March 13, 2018.
All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Many people who are arrested do not get prosecuted in the first place and many who are prosecuted do not get convicted.
• No significant incidents.
• Deputies wrote a vandalism report in the 200 block of Clarissa Avenue. Someone scratched the side of the victim’s vehicle.
• Deputies responded to a traffic collision in the 398 block of Wrigley Terrace Road. A 30 year old man was thrown from a moving golf cart while the driver was speeding. The man was transported to the hospital. Michelle Beach, of Newport Beach, was arrested on suspicion of causing an injury while drunk driving.
• A victim reported that someone entered her house and stole a suitcase that contained clothing and her passport. Deputies wrote a report and are investigating the theft.
• Deputies responded to a possible fight call in the 108 block of Catalina Avenue. The deputies de-escalated the situation. No crimes were committed.
• Deputies responded to the Avalon Pleasure Pier regarding a man and woman arguing. Both parties were separated and allowed to leave. No crimes were committed.
• Deputies responded to a traffic collision in the 330 block of Clarissa Avenue. The driver was looking at a map when she collided into a parked vehicle. There were no injuries.
• Deputies stopped a vehicle driven by Kristin Loos, of Avalon, on suspicion of several Vehicle Code violations. During their contact with her, deputies reportedly determined that she possessed a large quantity of methamphetamine. She was arrested on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine for sale.
It is illegal to smoke marijuana in public 11362.3(a)(1) Health and Safety Code.