Editor’s note: The following is the Avalon Sheriff’s Station significant incidents report for the week of July 18 to July 24, 2018. All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Many people who are arrested do not get prosecuted in the first place and many who are prosecuted do not get convicted.
• Deputies arrested Christian Gonzalez of Avalon on suspicion of challenging a security guard to fight in the 200 block of Crescent Avenue.
• Deputies arrested Tyrone Armstrong of Avalon on suspicion of being drunk in public, also in the 200 block of Crescent Avenue.
• Deputies arrested Haley Santos of Woodland Hills on suspicion of being drunk in public at the Catalina Express, 1 Cabrillo Mole.
• Deputies responded to the 100 block of Sumner Avenue regarding a fight at a club. Deputies arrested Alexander Campos of Avalon on suspicion of battery.
• Deputies arrested Jesus Meison of Avalon on suspicion of possessing a concealed illegal knife with a 7-inch blade, possession of a narcotic smoking pipe and resisting arrest.
• Two Harbor Resident Deputies wrote a crime report after someone stole a paddleboard,an inflatable dinghy and an outboard motor from a boat at Two Harbors.
• Deputies arrested Suzin Ryan of Long Beach and Keri Ryan of Huntington Beach on suspicion of being drunk in public. Both women were causing a disturbance at the Catalina Express, 1 Cabrillo Mole.
• A boat was pulled from the ocean after it was allegedly involved in a boat collision and sunk. Witnesses claim a watercraft collided into the boat. The investigation is ongoing.
Please drive slowly up and down Avalon Canyon Road to avoid hitting any foxes or deer. The speed limit is 20 mph. Deputies will be issuing traffic citations for speeding.