Editor’s note: The following is the Avalon Sheriff’s Station significant incidents report for the week of July 11 to July 17, 2018. All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Many people who are arrested do not get prosecuted in the first place and many who are prosecuted do not get convicted.
• One juvenile was issued a citation for allegedly possessing marijuana and smoking marijuana in public, and an adult was issued a citation for allegedly smoking marijuana in public. Both were reportedly smoking marijuana on the stairs near 11 Crescent Ave.
• Deputies responded to a fight call at Tremont Street and Metropole Avenue.
They contacted two individuals that had been fighting. One was transported to the hospital.
The investigation is ongoing.
• Deputies arrested Amanda Dougal of Avalon on suspicion of drunk driving after she was involved in a traffic collision in the 300 block of Beacon Street.
• Deputies arrested Jonathan Torres of Avalon on suspicion of possessing methamphetamine and a narcotic smoking pipe in the 100 block of Metropole Avenue.
• Deputies received a call of a found 5 year old in the 200 block of Crescent Avenue. The parents were located and the 5 year old was safe.
• Deputies arrested Michael Ruelas from San Dimas after he stole items and ran from a store in the 300 block of Crescent Avenue.
• Deputies responded to the 200 block of Sumner Avenue regarding a fight call. Deputies arrested Robert Hubbard from Avalon for a previous indecent exposure violation that was the cause of the fight.
Remember to change your computer passwords frequently, and use complicated passwords that no one can guess.