Editor’s note: The following is the Avalon Sheriff’s Station significant incidents report for the week of Feb. 14 to Feb. 20, 2018.
All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Many people who are arrested do not get prosecuted in the first place and many who are prosecuted do not get convicted.
• A female parked her unlocked bicycle in the 128 block of Sumner Avenue. When she returned, her bicycle had been stolen.
• Deputies responded to the 118 block of Catalina Avenue regarding a disturbance between two men. Deputies contacted both men and determined the men had a disagreement. No crime had occurred.
• Deputies responded to the 700 block of Pebbly Beach Road regarding one person challenging another person to fight. When the deputies arrived, the disturbing party had left the area. The investigation is ongoing.
• Deputies responded to a disturbance call in the 108 block of Catalina Avenue when a person was refusing to leave a bar. Upon the deputies’ arrival, the disturbing party left with friends.
• Deputies were called to the 200 block of Whittley Avenue, regarding a family disturbance call. Deputies learned a father and son were arguing over house rules. No crimes were committed.
• No significant incidents.
• Deputies received a call at the Avalon School regarding a student that was afraid to go home. Deputies contacted the student and her family. Deputies solved the family incident.
Please lock up your bicycles when you leave them unattended. It will save the Sheriff’s Department time and you will not have your bicycle stolen.