Editor’s note: The following is the Avalon Sheriff’s Station significant incidents report for the week of April 4 to April 9, 2018.
All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Many people who are arrested do not get prosecuted in the first place and many who are prosecuted do not get convicted.
• Deputies and paramedics responded to an intoxicated person at 100 Cabrillo Avenue, Mole. The woman was having medical problems due to alcohol intoxication. She was transported to the hospital.
• Deputies responded to 40 Pebbly Beach Road regarding an attempt burglary into one of the cargo containers.
The cargo container was damaged, however, nothing was stolen.
• Deputies responded to 100 Cabrillo Avenue, Mole, to find a disturbance between two individuals in line.
Deputies were able to de-escalate the argument. No criminal laws had been violated.
• Deputies wrote a theft report in the 100 block of Clarissa Avenue, after someone stole a cellular telephone from a vehicle.
• A victim came into the Avalon Sheriff’s Station to report that she was the victim of a scam.
The suspect called her and claimed to be from Microsoft. He requested the victim’s bank account information, which she provided.
The suspect also told the victim she needed to purchase a gift card to make a payment to Microsoft, which she also did. The investigation is ongoing.
• Deputies wrote a report after a suspicious person was seen taking pictures of a 13 year old female on Crescent Avenue.
The investigation is ongoing.
• Deputies responded to the 367 block of Sumner Avenue regarding a person sleeping on a front porch. The residents did not know who the man was. Deputies checked on the man’s welfare and sent him on his way.
If ANYONE tells you to pay a bill using a gift card, it is a scam and you will be a victim. Do not do it!