Xceptional Catalina Concerts will return to Wrigley Stage this weekend with their annual Tribute to ABBA performance. Always one of the most popular concerts staged each year, this time promises to be no exception. Added for the first time will be a beachside dance area because, who doesn’t want to dance to ABBA? Can’t make it to ABBA? There are a host of other musical events this fall to keep your feet moving and your hips swaying. From light guitar played by Catalina based artist James Moody to reggae live on Wrigley Stage with Pato Banton, to Jazz in the Casino Ballroom or a DJ at a beachfront bar. There’s practically something for every musical taste and it can all be enjoyed this fall on Catalina Island.
Mark your calendars and head for the island to enjoy a host of fabulous free performances. Updated list below as of August 14, 2018.
• Aug. 18, DJ KroMatic—Descanso Beach Club. 1 p.m.
• Aug. 18, Xceptional Tribute to ABBA–Wrigley Stage, 6 p.m.-10 p.m. (Free)
• Aug. 18 – AFTERHOURS@Avalon Grille with DJ KroMatic—Avalon Grille
• Aug. 19, Wheeland Brothers Catalina Takeover–Descanso Beach Club, 2 p.m.
• Aug. 22, Tribute to Armed Forces BBQ and Concert with Singer Colton James—Avalon Kids Park, 6 p.m. -10 p.m.
• Aug. 25, DJ Crystal Ellis—Descanso Beach Club, 1 p.m.
• Aug. 25, Spiritual Songs with Retha Bogard–Wrigley Stage, 6 p.m. (Free)
• Aug. 25, Pato Banton by Xceptional Catalina Concerts, Wrigley Stage, 8 p.m.-10 p.m. (Free)
• Aug. 25 – AFTERHOURS@Avalon Grille with DJ Crystal Ellis—Avalon Grille
• Aug. 26, Beach Party-Live Music with James Graft—Descanso Beach Club, 1 p.m..
• Aug. 30 – Nights at Descanso Beach Club with The Isleños, Love Snout, Something, 7 – 10 p.m.—Descanso Beach Club (no cover)
• Sept. 1, DJ K-Fresh–Descanso Beach Club, 1 p.m.
• Sept. 2, Labor Day Weekend “So Long Summer, Out with a Bang” Concert 6 p.m. & Fireworks 8:30 p.m.–Wrigley Stage, 6 p.m. start (Free)
• Sept. 2, After Hours at Avalon Grille with DJ KFresh, 10 p.m.
• Sept. 7, Young Guns, Tribute to Country Music–Wrigley Stage, 6 p.m. (Free)
• Sept. 15 Annual Art Festival with Catalina Musicians—Wrigley Stage (Free)
• Sept. 15 Catalina Island Women’s Forum Wine Festival with James Moody Guitar–South Beach
• Sept. 15 – AFTERHOURS@Avalon Grille with DJ Mackey—Avalon Grille
• Sept. 21-23 Catalina Wine Mixer—Descanso Beach Club
• Sept. 22 – AFTERHOURS@Avalon Grille with DJ K Fresh—Avalon Grille
• Sept. 29 – AFTERHOURS@Avalon Grille with DJ KroMatic—Avalon Grille
• Oct. 11-21, 32nd Annual JazzTrax Music Festival—Descanso Beach Club & Catalina Island Casino Ballroom
• Oct. 18, Fall Fest with Music by Hot Off the Range on Wrigley Stage (Free), 5-9 p.m.
• Oct. 26, DJ Michael Basic–Descanso Beach Club
September 8th, 2018 Two Harbors Microbrew Festival with Live Music—Harbor Sands, 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
Sponsors include, Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau, Holiday Inn Resort Catalina Island, Catalina Island Company, Bluewater Avalon, Cutwater Spirits, Luau Larry’s, The Lobster Trap, Catalina Island Vacation Rentals, Catalina Island Real Estate, Island Express Helicopters, City of Avalon, Yamaha Music, LA Weekly, OC Weekly, Ballast Point Brewing Co, Catalina Express and Avalon Freight Services. Event production is provided by Xceptional Music, Art Good’s JazzTrax and The Perfect Event (varies by event).
For details on these and many other upcoming events on Catalina Island, visit CatalinaChamber.com or call the Catalina Island Visitor Center at 310-510-1520.